New blog layout
The blog has a new layout. Some of the most important changes:
- Much smaller logo. The logo was taking up waaaaay too much space.
- The thumbnails have a shadow on the main page.
- I hope that the font is easier to read. I might tweak this later.
- Less clutter in the sidebar!
- The social links have moved to the Contact page.
- The top menu is rearranged a bit.
- The blog archive displays the full article, not just an excerpt.
- Infinite scroll! I don’t know yet if I like it, I might change it later.
- The blog archive has 2 columns. Again, I’m not sure about this, might change it later. Feedback is welcome, leave a comment!
- The most recent post is displayed full width.
- On individual posts the thumbnail image is now the background of the title.
- I’m still not entirely happy that the author is shown at the bottom of each blog post. I’m the only author here, so that’s useless, but I have not yet found how to remove that. EDIT: fixed with some extra CSS. Thanks for the tip, Frank!
Do you have any suggestions or comments on the new layout?